- who is the king of the Mountain? This is the most unique of the Hobbit trilogy. Plot: Durins Day is afoot, and if they don't get inside the Mountain by the last light of Durins Day, all hope is lost. To top it all, they get get captured by elves, and there's something lurking in the … Continue reading The desolation of Smaug (2013)
A question has been making me think for a while, and I have decided to post it here. Should the Silmarillion given its own movie, or movies? I say: Yes and no. The Silmarillion is kind of like the bible of Middle-earth; it talks about the origins of Middle-earth, the gods, the origins of Morgoth … Continue reading Should the Silmarillion be turned into a movie?
- Every Saga has a beginning This is my favorite movie in the Hobbit trilogy. Plot: Bilbo Baggins is a very respectable Hobbit, who has no interest in adventures. When he is whisked off on an adventure with 13 dwarves and a wizard to reclaim the kingdom of Erebor, Bilbo learns that their is more to himself … Continue reading An unexpected journey (2012)
There's a question bugging me for a while now, and I'm finally posting it here on this blog. Have you noticed that the Wargs in the Hobbit trilogy, are different from the Wargs in the Lord of the rings trilogy? In the Lotr trilogy, the Wargs had shorter heads, and I think they were smaller, … Continue reading Why do the Wargs look different?
- The end of this wonderful trilogy. Our copy of the return of the King freezes now and then, but I watched most of it, so I'll just won't it. Plot: Merry and Pippin are finally reunited with Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, and Gandalf. But still no news of Frodo and Sam, who are being taken to the … Continue reading The return of the king (2003)
- my favorite movie of the LOTR trilogy This was my favorite of the trilogy. The battle, Gandalf back, Gollum, the end credits song, it was just all so good. Plot: Frodo and Sam are alone now, and must get all the way to Mordor, only they don't know the way. Luckily, Gollum agrees to help them get … Continue reading The Two Towers (2002)
- The one that started it all Like many fans, this was the first Middle-earth movie I ever watched. Sadly, I was born on 2005, so I couldn't watch any of the Lord of the rings trilogy in theaters, and I didn't watch the rest of the Middle-earth saga until I was 11. Plot: When Bilbo … Continue reading The fellowship of the ring (2001)